Embodied Anatomy: Fascia & Biotensegrity
Fascia, our connective tissue, is the conductor of force and fluidity in our bodies. It's everywhere, spiraling, wrapping, differentiating and connecting every part of us. Fascia gives us a feeling of either stiffness or freedom in movement, and is interwoven with our vital physiological systems.
In this training, you'll learn why understanding fascia transforms our understanding of movement, habits, injury and the unification of the bodymind. Through lecture, discussion and embodied exploration, you'll expand your ideas of what embodied yoga practice can be... and free your body along the way.
In this training you'll learn:
- 4 main qualities of fascia
- 4 main types of fascia
- primary fascial lines to apply to movement
- fascia's relationship to our nervous system
- mechanisms why body-based practice effects mental & emotional states
- an introduction to the 'new' anatomy of biotensegrity & why it's so valuable
This workshop is for you if you:
- Are a dedicated practitioner or teacher interested in healthy movement and sustainable practice
- Are interested in the merging of science + spirit toward deeper understanding of our bodymind as one
- Have experienced lingering injuries (especially ones exacerbated by practice)
- Want to move freely for as long as possible (it IS possible!)
Sat | April 29 | 12-6pm
Sun | April 30 | 10am-4pm
**Both sessions will take place at Folk SF NOPA studio**
$300, or $250 when you register on or before April 15th, 2023.
Folk Members receive 10% off and Alumni 15 % off of the full price.
This course provides 12 Elective Contact Hours for Folk's 300 Hour Program [12 Yoga Alliance® CEUs].